Is it ironic that for my first post in the baking section I am giving you a no bake cheesecake? Well, it’s easy and delicious what more could you ask for. I pureed the raspberries in my Vitamix Blender instead, but have included the traditional method below, and both the recipes are available on Pintrest at the attached links below.
12 oz fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
In a small saucepan, combine raspberry juice/water, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens (remember it will continue to thicken as it cools). Remove from heat, set aside. Cool and place in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 12 graham cracker sheets, blended to make 2 c. of crumbs
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. (1 pint) of HEAVY whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Using a food processor, blend graham cracker sheets until turned into crumbs.
- Add sugar and melted butter; blend until well mixed.
- Press into an 8×8 pan.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Let cool and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve the cheesecake.
- Pour on top of cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!